If you have gotten this high with the verb quizzes, you are on a high level. You are doing well! If you need a list of the pink verbs and their past participles, you can find them on the blog just before this one, for the Pink Verb Quiz, Level 3A. On this level, Pink Verb Quiz, Level 3B, you will be using Present Perfect Tense, Past Perfect Tense, Past Progressive Tense, and a Gerund. A Gerund isn’t a verb, but a noun or an adjective that looks like a verb. If you want an explanation of all the verb tenses and the Gerund, you can find it in the introductory blog for the third level verb quizzes. If you want just to understand the present perfect and past perfect tenses better, you can find an explanation for them both in the introductory blog for the third level and at the bottom of the blog just before this one, the one that has the Pink Verb Quiz, level 3A on it. Good luck, and have fun!
Pink Verb Quiz, Level 3B
- The shop is closed. They __________ _______________everything.
- the knight in the movie “Indian Jones and the Quest for the Holy Grail,” said to Indiana Jones when he chose the humble cup, “You ____________ _____________wisely.”
- In the movie, “The Pirates of the Caribbean,” the pirates __________ ________, but they also were alive. They were alive and dead at the same time.
- I am sorry. He __________ ______________. The funeral will be tomorrow.
- God _________ ____________our sins through the death of Jesus on the cross.
- I ____________decided to _____________Jesus my whole life.
- I am sorry. I ___________ ___________you a birthday present, but I will buy one for you tomorrow.
- They ___________ ____________for Busan already, and they will be back next week.
- I ____________ _____________on your door a long time! Why didn’t you open it before?
- That preacher __________ _____________at this church for twenty years, and he just keeps getting better and better.
- God ___________ ___________me do anything. I did it because I wanted to do it.
- I ___________ ___________a bad cold, so I must go see a doctor.
- The wind ____________ _____________hard for three hours, but I think it is ready to stop.
- _______________is hard, but each of us has to do it sometimes.
- She ____________just ___________more and more beautiful, right before my eyes!
- ______________enough money from a part time job to travel is hard, but I can do it!
- _____________school early will not help your life.
- I __________ ___________ the game!
- ____________you ______________him your paintings yet?
- He threw the ball, and I __________ _____________it.
Answers: 1. have sold 2. have chosen 3. had died 4. has died 5. has forgiven 6. have decided 7. had forgotten or haven’t bought 8. have left 9. have knocked 10. has preached 11. hasn’t made 12. have caught 13. has blown 14. Forgiving 15. has gotten or has become 16. Earning 17. Leaving 18. have won 19. Have shown 20. have caught