Hi, if you are following this series of blogs, this is the second quiz on the third level using the red verbs. The quizzes on the third level use Present Perfect Tense, Past Perfect Tense, Past Progressive Tense, and Gerunds. If you don’t know what those are, you need to look back two blogs in this series, and there is an explanation of each in the introductory blog for level 3. If you don’t know what the red verbs are, you need to look a the bottom of the quiz just before this one, the Red Verb Quiz, Level 3A. If you have made it this far, you are doing really well! Good luck! I hope you do well on this quiz too!
Red Verb Quiz, Level 3B
- He _____________ _______________on Jeju Island for twenty years, but now he lives in Seoul.
- She ____________ _______________from America to learn to speak Korean.
- I lost the game. I __________ _____________, but I want to try again.
- Why ____________you __________me on the phone all week? I have been waiting.
- I __________ _____________him for a long time, but he doesn’t love me.
- ______________rope is a fun way to exercise.
- On the vacation, many students spend their days watching television and __________.
- If you want to get better in English, you need to be ___________ and _____________.
- I ___________ __________ for her for an hour outside the classroom, but she never came out, so I left.
- No, I __________ ____________my homework, but I will finish it and give it to you before the end of the day.
- ____________you ___________your lunch yet?
- While he ________ __________ on the couch, he was watching TV.
- The doctors say _______________is the best medicine.
- She ________ ____________ the piano for 5 years, and she is really good!
- I was late, so I ___________ ____________all the way to school from home.
- Someone knocked on the door while I ____________ _____________on my phone, and everything became complicated.
- _____________to God is one of my favorite things to do.
- ____________that you are hungry means you want to eat.
- Doctors say ________________eight glasses of water every day is very healthy.
- I ___________ ____________you three times! Why didn’t you come? Weren’t you listening?
Answers: 1. had lived 2. has come 3. have lost 4. haven’t, called 5. have loved 6. jumping 7. sleeping 8. reading, writing 9. had waited 10. haven’t done 11. have, had or have, eaten 12. was sitting 13. laughing 14. has played 15. have run 16. was speaking 17. Praying or Singing or Speaking 18. saying 19. laughing 20. have called